Where learning happens differently…and students succeed.
The Amesbury Innovation High School is a small, alternative high school located in downtown Amesbury. It is a fully accredited high school with enrollment of up to 55 students for grades 9 to 12. AIHS students meet local, state, and federal standards through a Common Core Standardized Curriculum. All graduating students earn a high school diploma. The school prides itself on individualizing instruction to maximize student progress and success. Aside from providing a rigorous academic curriculum, our highly qualified faculty is adept with differentiated learning, restorative practices, social and emotional skill training, behavior management strategies, and trauma-sensitive practices. As an innovation school, AIHS provides enhanced programming in the areas of academics, therapeutic support, social skill building, and vocational training.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Remediation & Credit Recovery
- Integrated MCAS Preparation
- Work Study Program
- Internship Opportunities
- Community Partnerships
- Intensive College/Career Program
- Small Class Size
- Individual Learning & Small Group Supports
- Looped Classes
- Learning Style Groupings
- 1:1 Technology with Google Classroom and Chromebooks
- Safe & Supportive Environment
- Community Enrichment Activities
- Strong Relationships Between Staff and Students
- Meaningful Home/School Link
- High Expectations of Love & Respect
- Grade Level Social & Emotional Skill Building Courses
- Therapeutic Supports Available For 'In The Moment' Support
- Social & Emotional Skill Building Integrated Into All Classes
AIHS students are able to participate in many sports and extra-curricular activities through Amesbury High School.
Can't find the information you are looking for?
Select the link below for a copy of the handbook or contact one of the following people:
Eryn Maguire, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany Noseworthy, Guidance Counselor - email@example.com
Michael Hildt, Special Education - firstname.lastname@example.org